VCCAPS is preparing for our Summer Youth Initiative - CAP YI 2013 - the following summer employment opportunities are available:
Summer Youth Coordinator - SYIC
Victoria County CAP Sites Association (VCCAPS) has a position for 1 Student Youth Coordinator for Victoria County. Position is pending funding approval. Start date: To be determined. The Youth Intern Coordinator will work under the direction of the Regional C@P Coordinator and be responsible for assisting with and/or implementing the Summer Youth Intern Program. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, a team player and is willing to travel throughout Victoria County.
· Must be between the ages of 15 to 30 and was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year OR
· Must be between the ages of 15 to 30 and is currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution or must have completed at least 1 course at a post-secondary institution
· Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee protection under the Immigrations and Refugee Protection Act and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
· A successful RCMP Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
· A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation (proof of insurance required)
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Effective Communicator with strong interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated experience in dealing with the public and community organizations
· Proficient with computers and other IT related equipment.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
How to apply: Email your most recent resume along with a cover letter & references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 7th, 2013.
Community Trainers: 2 positions - Summer Youth Employment Opportunities (ages 15-30)
Victoria County CAP Sites Association (VCCAPS) has positions for 2 Community Trainers for summer youth employment.
Positions available at: Baddeck Library C@P Site, Bay St. Lawrence CAP Site. All positions are pending funding approval. Start date: July 1st, 2013 – Aug. 23, 2013 – 8 weeks.
Criteria: You must have been enrolled in post secondary or high school full time during the 2012-2013 school year and must be returning as a full time student for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year.
VCCAPS Summer Youth Program will target local youth who are looking for opportunities to build work and life-related skills and gain work experience.
Youth will be providing access to C@P Site resources and services including: computer training sessions to community members seeking to upgrade their skills on topics such as basic computer, social media and multimedia; providing cyber camps to youth; and will be participating in a 3D Summer Theme: Dream It. Design It. Do It.
How to apply: Email your most recent resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, June 14 at 3pm. Please include 3 references. Late submissions will not be accepted. Be sure to state which C@P Site you are applying for in your cover letter.
Iona CAP Site Summer Employment
To access the employment information, please follow this link: http://ionacapsite.com/employment-opportunties/